Hello SFBDF Members! We wanted to remind you about an important meeting Saturday.
The Diablo Valley League of Women Voters and the San Joaquin County League will co-sponsor a program on Our Delta Water. Panelists scheduled to participate are
* Mary N. Peipho, Contra Costa County Supervisor
* Dr. Gregory Gartrell, Assistant Manager of the Contra Costa Water District
* Susanna Schlendorf, 15th Assembly District Director for Joan Buchanan
* Kari Fisher, counsel for the Farm Bureau
* Karla Nemeth, Resources Agency liaison to the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP)
* David Nesmith of the Environmental Water Caucus
* Dr. Lawrence Kolb, former Water Quality Control Board assistant director
The League announced in December: “The Diablo Valley League of Women Voters and the San Joaquin County League is happy to announce that Contra Costa County Supervisor Mary N. Piepho will be a panelist. Supervisor Piepho will bring an invaluable perspective on recent legislative events to this discussion of water issues in the Delta, and we are pleased that she is able to participate.”
Delta residents and their representatives will not want to miss this chance to advance the education effort by asking informed questions and providing informed answers about ongoing issues in the Delta, including the impacts of the new legislation.
9:30 am-1 pm
Antioch Historical Society Hall – 1500 W. 4th St. Antioch, CA.
We strongly suggest you attend.
I will be in touch soon about a Major Discovery Bay Town meeting scheduled for March 1st 6:30pm at the Discovery Bay Elementary School Gym. We will have updates on the 2 Gates project and our efforts to maintain the beauty and health of the Southern Delta and Discovery Bay.